What's Your Name?

One time before a worship gathering, a woman came into the room as we were setting up. She was quite drunk and took a great interest in what we were doing, but when I started to talk to her, she immediately said, “You don’t like me.”

I said, “Yes, I do.” She accepted that, and we talked for a bit.

I told her my name and asked her hers. At that, her face closed and darkened, and she became very defensive. She wouldn’t tell me her name.

Instead, she put her arms around me and whispered in my ear that they just called her slut.

I said, “God doesn’t call you that.”

Her face immediately lightened again, and she smiled a brilliant smile and almost shouted, “I know. He says, “Into the river! I’ll wash you clean!”” and she laughed and went to find some others who would come.

The gospel is there. With faithful love, it will come to life.

r

Comments