My Face Hurts

Being Canadian, you forget, you see. About the sun.

It's not much of an issue for most of the year, but every now and then it sneaks up behind you and POW! So I have the inevitable May sunburn. My face is a remarkable shade of red and I'm shivering. I've taken 3 extra strength ASA and it's not helping much. Couldn't be my own fault. No way.

Today was the yard sale. We (some of us, anyway) got up at 6, some of us earlier to put on the coffee for those of us who got up at 6. We spent an hour moving everything out of the Sherwood Room (home base) onto the lawn, setting up tables, erecting the tent without pinching our fingers, and telling each other what a beautiful day it was.

These are the sandals that gave me blisters:


Here you see our rigorous testing process for all donated items:


Refreshments and lunch were served by our industrious catering department:


And finally, a satisfied customer who went home with his treasure:
We're not sure why, but he seemed pleased. I think the sun might have been getting to him, but I'm too polite to say.

All in all, it went extremely well. Lots of people came, and we have a net net profit of $358.29.

r

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
L.Bo Marie said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.